Friday, January 27, 2006

This is how training works

So tha dog training man came to me house last night and this is what happened.

Hims putted this collar on me little boxer neck and told Mommy and Daddy that this was how thems was going to learn to train thems little boxer puppy. Hims gave them a thingy that looked like a telephone and said that when thems wanted me to do something thems would give the command at tha same time thems used the telephone thingy to make it vibrate.

Hims said tha first thing me was going to learn was to "come" when me was called. Me always comes when me is called.......If me feels like it. If me doesn't them me goes on about me boxer business. Well this trainer man said that this isn't good and me must always when me is called, no ifs and or buts. Hummmmm and how does him thinks him is going to do this??? Him sais "Murphy come" and there was a Buzzzz....whoa what was that vibrating against me neck. Me jumped and looked all around and then. Again hims said "Murphy come" and there was a Buzzz vibrating against me neck. Well the only thing me could do was go to tha voice and sit. The trainer man said "Good Murphy" and hims petted me and then hims said "free" and walked away and let me do what me wanted. Okay so this isn't so hard. We did that some and hims had Mommy and Daddy do it and then hims said we was going to learn some other things.

Well what else was there to learn me wondered in me little boxer head. Me soon founded out. There was "Off" when thems didn't want me to do something like jump on thems. Now for the life of me why Mommy and Daddy wouldn't want me to jump on thems is a mystery but it seems thems doesn't like it all that much. There is "quiet" when thems doesn't want to hear me whine and then there's "wait" when thems doesn't want me to rush the door when we have company. Me is starting to understand a little bit but it sure is hard on a little boxer brain to have to figure out the vibrating on me neck means them commands Mommy and Daddy are giving.

The training man told Mommy and Daddy that the training was on going (what ever that means) and thems would have plenty of opportunity everyday to use what thems had learned. It seems thems is being trained too. Well me couldn't figure out what that meant until tonight.

Mommy broughted home dinner for her and Daddy. It was chicken and it smelled really, really good. Mommy poured some of the juices on me food and it was soooooooo good me wanted more. This is where the training opportunity for Mommy came into play. Hers was watching tha TV and me thought it would be ok to go take a sniff of that chicken that was on tha counter. Me went over to that counter and lifted me little boxer nose into tha air and went "sniff, sniff, sniff". Oh my that was smelling really, really YUMMMY!!!! Me put me little paws up on tha counter to get a really close sniff and there it was.....tha chicken. Well what was a little boxer puppy to do but take it off the counter and put it on the floor for closer inspection.

Yeah that was it, me was the inspector puppy. Quality control is what a boxer puppy does bestest and so me was doing just that. Mommy happened to hear me cause being a quailty control boxer puppy is really noisy work. Hers saw me eating the chicken and all of a sudden Buzzz, there was a that viberation against me neck and me heard Mommy say "Murphy OFF". Oops maybe me shouldn't be doing quality control on Mommy's dinner. Hers came into that kitchen and picked her dinner up off the floor and said me was a very bad dog. There wasn't even a kitty in sight to blame this on. Where is that darn ole Miss Pitty Pat when hers is needed? Even that ole stuck up Lil or Smoke would have worked. But noooo, me had to take all of the blame for this one. Hers even told Daddy when hims came home. This is a conspiracy to make me a good puppy.

Mommy and Daddy says me is smart and me is learning fast. Well just see about that.

Murphy who was only doing quality control

No comments: