Thursday, August 31, 2006

Big OOPS

This is one remorsful boxer pup. Me almost made a horrible mistake this morning but in me defense (and me may need a lawyer for this one) me was still sleepy and didn't know what me was doing. Really, it's tha truth.

See last night Mommy wented into tha spare bedroom to sleep like hers does sometimes when Daddy is snoring. (Hims does the same thing when Mommy is snoring although me has never ever heard Mommy snore) When ever hers goes into the spare bedroom to sleep me goes to cause me knows me gets to sleep in tha bed with her. Me is really happy to say that me has learned that me spot in tha bed is at the bottom and to the left of Mommy's feet, this way me doesn't get thrown out of tha bed for crowding her. Anyway this is what happened.

Me really didn't mean to, see me is not a morning dog and wasn't wide awake yet. Me wouldn't never ever have done what me did had me been wide awake but me thought Daddy was a burglar coming into that room and when hims turned on the light it blinded me and me couldnt' see who hims was. His hand smelled like Daddy's hand but it could have been a burlar in a "Daddy" suit and me is sworn under the "Boxer Protection Oath" to protect me family. Me would have protected Daddy the same way if me thought someone was after him.

It was really, really early in tha morning. The sun hadn't even come up for goodness sakes!! (Me can't figure out why me peoples will get up in tha dark all week long and then sleep until after that ole sun rises on the weekend. It doesn't make good dog sense to me) The alarm must of gone off in the room where Daddy was cause hims came in and turned on the light in tha spare bedroom. Me was really very sleepy but me got up and laid across Mommy and licked her face. Daddy reached down to get me off of Mommy but her stopped him cause hers didn't want to get scratched by me toe nails. Then it happened. Grrrrrr.........Mommy said "Did Murphy just growl at you?" and Daddy said yes hims did. Mommy figured it was cause me was still sleepy but me growles again....Grrrrrr. Daddy reached hims hand out for me to sniff which me did and hims thought everything was okay and wented to pet me and me growled again and bared me teeth and snapped at him. Mommy grabbed me by the collar and told Daddy to get out of the room cause hers didn't think me was awake enough to realize what was going on.

Me spended the rest of the day being really embarrassed and ashamed of meself. Me really didn't mean to growl and snap at me Daddy. Now hims is a bit wary of me and me doesn't want him to be. Me has to think of a way to make this up to Daddy. Me is so very sorry to have scared him like that. It scared me too.

Daddy your boxer boy is really, really sorry. Hims didn't mean to scare you.



Murphy

3 comments:

Cassie said...

Uh ohhhh, Murphee, I bet yur daddy wasn't too happy wit yu. I knowz yu wudn't growl at yur daddy ifn yu were weally awake, but I betz yur hoomans find a way to wemind yu dat dey r de bosses n yu r de puppy in de hows. Sumtimes datz hard fur uz puppees to wememberz.

I knowz yu wubz yur daddy wotz and he will porgive yu.

Yur fwiend,
Cassie

bay said...

Murphy - We can see how that can happen!! Your daddy should have announced himself and had treats in his hand before turning on the light and bothering you and your mommy!! That's the only fair thing to do.

Murphy said...

Baywee, me agrees with you 100% but getting Daddy to agree is going to be another thing. Maybe Mommy can tell Daddy this would be a berry good idea.