Tuesday, August 30, 2005

August 30, 2005 A Gardner's Tail



Me is becoming a Master Gardner. See me and Daddy is watering the lawn. Me helped mommy yesterday to plant some stuff hers called "ornamental grass" To me it looked just like regular grass that daddy needed to mow. Mommy dug holes in the ground and put little clumps of the grass stuff in them and then put the dirt back in around the clumps. Now you know if Mommy had asked me to help, hers could have gotten them holes dug out lots faster cause me can dig nice holes. Me has several very nice holes dug around the yard.After mommy had planted all the clumps into the ground, hers went and got the water hose to put some water on them. This is very exciting for a little boxer pup. Me loves to bite at the water coming out of the end of the hose thingy and have mommy spray me with water. This is big fun. Me runs all over the place, diving in to snap at the water coming out of the hose. Sometimes me will stand there and drink the water coming out. After awhile hers put the hose back and turned the water off and we went inside to rest. Gardening is really hard work and it made me really tired.

Today me decided that me needed to help mommy somemore with the gardening. See hers had such a good time sticking them clumps of grass into the holes her dug that me thought how could me make her happy and then it came to me. WOOF!!!! Why me could go pull all up all the clumpy grass and put them all around the yard. Then when mommy came home from the place her goes to every day hers could stick them back into the holes and we could play with the water hose again. Me was sure this would just make her so happy.Mommy came home and saw the gardening me had done. Was her happy with me? No her was not!!!! Her said me was a bad dog and went around collecting all the clumps and putting them back in the ground and filling in the holes again with the dirt. Me doesn't understand why her would be mad. This was the exact same thing her did yesterday and her liked it.

Today her doesn't like it. Humans can sure be confusing sometimes. Her did get the water hose out and squirt me with it so we did have some fun. But everytime me got even close to the grass clumps her would say really mean "NO Murphy" Her must not think me is a good gardener. Maybe me should wait a few days and try again. Maybe it was too soon to put them clumpy grassy things back in the holes.Murphy the Gardener

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi, I found your blog while surfing and really like it. Very cool! I have a
money making opportunities
related site. Check it out. You may find something of interest.