Sunday, August 28, 2005

August 28th, 2005 Off Leash Dog Parks

Pant, pant, pant, pant. Whooweee what a day this has been. Me loves the weekends but this Sunday was a very good one for a weekend. Why you aske me? Well........We all got up this morning and mommy and daddy had their coffee and me had my bowl of puppy crunchies and we was all just laying around relaxing and me was wondering what we would do today.Daddy came up with an extremely brillant idea. Him suggested that he and mommy take Murphy (that's me) to a dog park so he could run loose. Mommy gathered up all me going out for a while supplies: me leash, me pooper cleaner upper, and a little bowl for water. We all went into mommy's truck and away we went. We drove and drove and drove and drove. Daddy couldn't find the road to get to the dog park. Just when we was ready to give up and go home we saw the road and found the dog park. This was a very good thing cause me really wanted to run loose.

Mommy was walking me on the leash and wasn't real happy with me cause her said me was being a little brat and either dragging her or stopping to sniff everything. Me guesses hers doesn't understand how exciting it can be for a dog to smell all them new smells and not be able to stop and investigate them all or to run ahead to the next one to sniff it for a while. We walked for a long time and then we saw the dog park but mommy and daddy weren't sure how to get there cause there was a big water thing between us. Mommy should have let me off the leash. Me could have showed them the way. Me would have gone down the bank, through the water thing and up the other side of the bank and BARK there we would have been. Me guesses "Off Leash" doesn't mean to let Murphy off the leash to show the way cause mommy and daddy turned around and went back the same way we had just come.Finally we gots to the Off Leash area and mommy let me off me leash. Her was really worried about doing it too. Her was afraid the me would get so excited with all the scents, sights and sounds around me.

Well me was excited, oh my was me excited. Everywhere was intersting smells and sounds and best of all there was other dogs!!! Each time me met a new dog, we would sniff each other and wag our tails and jump and run around. Everytime I would come back when mommy called me too. Hers would say "You're a good boy Murphy, such a good boy". We played for awhile and then we went back to the car and home. Me was soooooo tired. Me settled down in the back of the car to nap.Me can't wait to go again

Murphy

No comments: