Saturday, August 20, 2005

aug 20, 2005 Working Around the House

aug 20, 2005 Working Around the House

Woof, me is one tired little boxer puppy. Do you know how much work is involved in supervising both Mommy and Daddy while one cleans house and the other does yard work? Me had no idea that supervising both of them at the same time would be such a hard job.We started the morning off with a nice walk to loosen up and then it was home again and straight into the weekend chores. Now me was a bit surprised that there was such a thing as weekend chores. From the time Mommy brought me home it has been all about us playing on the weekends. Well it was up until Mommy and Daddy went on vacation without me, but we won't bring that up again. Grrrrrrr

When we got back from our walk Mommy came inside our big dog house and started doing something called housekeeping. This meant she brought out this big ole machine called a vacumn cleaner and a little thing called a dust buster. Now when these things come out, me has to go into superviser puppy mode. Them is real noisy and gobbles up all the stuff that is on the floor. Me was a tiny bit worried at first cause all me little toys was laying all over the place and that big ole vacumn might gobble them up. Mommy went around and picked everything up and put back in me toy basket and then Mommy started up the vacumn and me started to dart in at it and snap at it to make sure it was working properly. Then me barked a couple times for good measure.

Meantime Daddy was in the yard with this big ole machine called a lawn mower. Me found out that a lawn mover is a machine of distruction!!! It is pushed across the tall grass and makes it short. This is a good thing really, cause me didn't like going outside first thing in the morning to go potty and get me bottome wet. Before Daddy can mow the lawn Mommy has to go out and clean up after me then Daddy can mow. Me has to run after the lawn mower and snap at it to be sure it is behaving properly. Then after Daddy did the lawn mowing he got the funny looking stick thing called a weed eater out. Me was a little nervous about it. Anything machine that has eater in it's name is cause for concern don't you think. Even Mommy was a little nervous about it cause hers told Daddy not to let me get me little nose near it cause it would eat it right off me face. WOOF!!! That would be awful!!! No nose to sniff the ground with when we went on walks. Me decided to stay away from that thing. Do you have any idea how hard it is to have to go between the big dog house and the back yard snapping at machines to be sure they are doing what they are supposed to do? Well me can tell you that when it was all over me had to come inside the dog house and take a nice long nap. Me hasn't worked so hard in me little life. In fact me needs to go get on the love seat and nap some more. You never know when me might have to go supervise some other activity of Mommy and Daddy's

Murphy

No comments: