Monday, February 13, 2006

Greeting Company

We have company and mommy said me was very, very good. Her didn't even have to keep me on tha leash til me settled down. Mommy says the best part is that the company knows that me can't be petted until me sits down and waits to be told me can get pets. This isn't really very fair cause it's exciting to have company come visit. Me knows they come just to see me and give me lots of pets so why me has to sit and wait to be told that me can have pets dosen't make any sense. But if that's the way Mommy want's to play this silly training game then this is what me will do.

Right now the company is downstairs in Daddy's office and thems has shut the door so me can't get down there. Thems is bottling the stuff daddy makes. Hims calls it mead. Me has licked some up off the flooe when it got spilled and it's sweet and sticky like honey. Anyway, me needs to get downstairs so thems would have the proper supervision. If this being upstairs with Mommy will Daddy and company is downstairs is part of this training stuff me doesn't like it.

We had company on the weekend too. Mommy and Daddy had a party and our friends came over for dinner and then to go outside and sit in the hot water place. Me was good then too even though Mommy kept me on the leash til me got over being so excited. Then me went politely, well as politely as me possibly could, and greeted everybody. When it came time for dinner Mommy thought it was best if me stayed in me crate while everybody ate. Hers thought that having a great big puppy wondering around the table might not be a good idea. Me could at least see and hear what was going on so it wasn't so bad and when it was time to go out to the hot water place me got to go and make sure nobody drowned in the water. That was pretty neat cause me could walk up the steps and lick who ever was close.

Me thinks me is starting to get the hang of how to behave with company.

Murphy

No comments: