Saturday, April 01, 2006

Early Morning Walks

Happy April Fool's Day!!!!

Mommy says this is the day to trick all fools. Hers can't trick me though cause me knows it's Saturday morning and that means going for a really nice walk.

We wented a new way this morning for our walk. We walked down tha sidewalk towards a really busy street that leads to tha path by tha lake but we didn't go there. We walked past lots of dogs in thems fenced in yards. Do you know that them dogs was barking and barking at me. Not all of what thems was barking was very friendly either. Them dogs wanted to know what this little boxer puppy was doing in their "hood" and thems were threatening me. Do you know that Daddy thinks it's a really good training idea to make me sit down and then lay down and let them dogs bark at me. Hims seems to think that this is furthering me education in becoming an obedient dog. Because me is a really good little boxer dog (most of tha time) me does what hims asks but it sure is silly. How would him like it if me made him lay down and listen to mean peoples call him names and threaten to beat him up?? Me bets hims wouldn't like it at all. And to make matters worse Daddy told Mommy about this wonderful "training tool" and hers is going to start using it too!!!!

After we came home from the walk there was yard work to be done and Daddy lefted the back gate open to the back yard. Yep, you guessed it. This little boxer dog decided it would be a very good idea to go exploring and me would have to but Mommy happened to come out of the garage door about the same time me came out of the back gate. Me did have a little fun and run into the neighbors yard and out a little into tha street. Mommy called me to "come" and that darn ole training kicked in. Me came to her and hers didn't even have the buzzing gadget with her to get me attention. Grrrr........me knows me is supposed to be obidient but dog gone it, me wanted to explore.

It looks like it may rain so me is going to go snuggle up on the luv seat with Mommy and watch some Animal Planet. That's me favorite program.

Murphy

1 comment:

Cassie said...

Deer Murphee,

I iz so gwad dat tha twaining kicked in and u came back to yur mom wen she kalled u.

U r such a gud boxer puppee, listening to dad and mom eben wen doze meen doggies r yelling at u!

Cassie