Thursday, May 11, 2006

A break through

Me is so excited and Mommy and Daddy is so proud of me. Do you know why?? This is why, see Daddy took me on a walk tha other day and hims decided to take tha leash off me and trust me to stay beside him while we walk. Me didn't let him down either. Me stayed right beside him just like hims wanted me to do. Mommy took tha day off from work and hers took me for two walks today. The first walk was around tha lake and her would drape tha leash across me back and let me walk beside her without holding tha leash. When hers saw peoples coming hers would reach down and get tha leash. Hers even took me over to see a Prairie Dog Village and me just sat there and looked at them silly things. Tha only time me got in trouble was when........you guessed it..........a rabbit appeared. Them darn ole rabbits!!!!

Then later in tha morning Mommy took me for another little short walk. We went on tha trail and Mommy took the leash completely off me and me stayed right beside her. Hers was so proud of me. Me likes it when thems is proud of me. Daddy says little steps in trusting me to be a good dog and do what me should is what needs to be done. Him says slowly thems will allow more distractions while me is walking off leash.

Me is such a good dog

Murphy

1 comment:

Cassie said...

I iz sooo pwoud ob you, Murhpy. What a good boy you were! Doughs darn wabbits are the bane of our existence, dough, aren't dey?

I will neber be awwowed off leash I tink, because we cairn terrors are known for wunning abter tings because of our big pwey dwive. Part of de agweement dat mom and daddy had to sign when dey adopted me was dat I'd always be on leash if not in a fenced-in awea.

So, you're lucky to get to pway without dat leash.

Cassie