Sunday, May 07, 2006

Yard work and walks

Me learned something this weekend and this is what it was. If me wants to go for a walk me has to stay out of the way when Mommy and Daddy is doing the yard work and house work too. You would think cause me letted them sleep in yesterday morning and this morning thems would want to take me for a walk right away. NOPE this is not how it works on the weekends. See first thems has to get up and have some coffee and read the newspaper. This would be fine if thems would let me have some coffee too but Mommy says me has enough energy and coffee would only make me worse. Then thems had to talk about what needed to be done and this took some more time. Now me may only be a dog but it seems to me that this is something that could have been done while thems was walking me.

After deciding who was going to do what the house work began and when that was finished the yard work. Now here's the thing about yard work, me has to stay in tha house when thems doing it in the front yard. When thems moves to tha back yard me is put in tha outside kennel for safe keeping. Well that's what Mommy says anyway. Hers says it's not a good idea for me to be barking and snapping at the lawn mower or the weed eater. Hers says the weed eater could make me already short nose even shorter if me got to close. Once thems got all this work done, without any help from me, then thems had to sit and rest for awhile. Me did get to finally go for a walk later in tha afternoon.

Oh yeah, Mommy says a really important day is coming soon. This day is May 23 and is the day hers went and got me and broughted me home to be hers and Daddy's dog. Hers says this day is as important as having a birthday. Hers says in a way me has two birthdays, one to mark the day me was actually born and the other to mark the day me became a part of hers and Daddy's family. Me sure hope this means they is going to have a party.

Muprhy

1 comment:

Cassie said...

Deer Murphy, it sounz like u hadz a gud weekend wid yur mommy and daddy. At least you finally gotz dat walk in, rite?

I was not feeling verry gud, at least mommy felt I must not be caws I had what she kalled the Hershey runs! Soz, all I gotz to ete waz rice and beef boullion. By dis morning it waz luking bedder dough.

Seemz like our mommies always hab sumting for us to lern, duzn't it?

Wow, your "gotcha" day is koming soon. Dat weally is a weason to selebrate! Make sure yur mommy and dadd gibz you lotz of pwesents and gud food.

Cassie