Sunday, July 30, 2006

Left behind

Me sometimes doesn't understand why me peoples does what them does but Mommy always says it's for me own good. This morning me peoples went off and left me at home to guard the house while thems went to the Bronco's Training Camp and then to see some Dragon boat races. Me really, really wanted to go, especially to the Bronco's Training Camp. This would have been me big opportunity to try out as a running boxer for tha team. Mommy said it was going to be berry, berry hot today and it would not be a good thing to take a dog. Me wasn't berry happy but me knew me had an important job here at home so me stayed and guarded the house.

When me peopels came home Mommy said me should be a happy boxer that thems lefted me behind. When thems got to the Dragon boat place there was peoples with thems dogs with them and this upset Mommy. See there was all this really hot pavement and there wasn't much shade and thems peoples who had their dogs with them was making them dogs walk on the really hot pavement. Mommy said her saw one Golden Retriever who had her tongue lolling out the side of her mouth her was so hot. In fact hers was so hot her wasn't even panting. This upset Mommy a lot. Hers says peoples claim to love their dogs but they don't always act like it. Mommy lefted me at home cause her knew it would be way to hot for me to walk on that pavement and there wasn't no place for a dog to get water or take a potty break. Her said cause her loved me so much her thought me was safer and more comfortable at home where me had lots of water, air conditioninig and access to the back yard if me needed to go.

Me is sooooo lucky to have peoples who loves me so much. Peoples forgets the pads on our paws can burn. We never complain cause we wants to be with our peoples but sometimes it sure can be painful. Me wanted to go really bad with them but now me understands why me had to stay home. Of course me will forget this the next time me gets left at home.

Murphy who doesn't have burnt pads on him feet

No comments: