Thursday, February 01, 2007

Happy Groundhog Day


Tomorrow is Groundhog Day and maybe tha weather will change for tha better. See Groundhog Day is where tha groundhog comes out of hims hole and looks to see hims shadow. If hims sees it then we gets 6 more weeks of bad weather and if hims doesn’t then Spring is right around tha corner. Me’s not real sure what a groundhog is but that’s one pretty smart groundhog if ya asks me. Hims even has a name, it's Punxsutawney Phil. Me sure hopes hims don’t see no shadow cause me is tired of all this snow.

If Candlemas be fair and bright,
Winter has another flight.
If Candlemas brings clouds and rain,
Winter will not come again.

This is 7 weeks in a row that we have had snow. We may never ever see the back yard again cause there is so much snow back there. Mommy said that ever since we gots tha Doodlebug it’s snowed. Bugs came to live with us Thanksgiving Weekend and it snowed tha very next weekend December 3rd. That snow had almost all gone away when we got’s the Christmas Blizzard and it’s been snowing every week since.

I think Mommy has this idea that it’s Bugs fault all this snow is coming but me don’t see how hims can be responsible for this white stuff. Daddy said maybe thems ought to send him back to TX where hims came from. Maybe then the snow would stop. Me sure hopes thems is kidding (me is pretty sure thems is) cause it would be a really lonely place around here with out my little poopyhead puppy bubba. Naw......thems loves hims too so that little boy isn't going no place.
Murphy who is ready for spring.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Murphy and Bugs! I am so sorry your feet are getting cold in all that snow! It has been nice here in Florida and my mom takes me out for walks a few times a week. I too do not bark at other dogs but I am a bit scared of them all and hide behind my mom. She says it is ok to talk to them and give them a sniff, but I am very careful and still keep away as much as I can. Love Sasha

Cassie said...

Hewwo Murphy and Bugs, I sure iz sowwy dat yur widdle paws iz gedding so cold in all dat snow!

We hadz us an ice storm a cuple ob weekz ago, but today it'z gonna be in de 60's here in TX and de sun iz finely owt today, too!

We lubz reading bout yu and de Bugz!!

Your fwiend, Cassiedoodle

Murphy said...

Hi Sasha

Me and Bugs gots to go for a walk today but tha snow is melting and now we has wet feets. We just want it to hurry up and be spring so things will warm up and dry out.

Murphy and Bugs