Monday, September 05, 2005

Monday, September 5, 2005 Labor Day

Me really likes 3 day weekends. That means Mommy and Daddy stay home with me and we do chores and play. Mostly me just plays and Mommy and Daddy does the chores. Mommy says me is the “Supervisor
Puppy". Well what else is a puppy supposed to do?? Me can't push the lawn mower and even if me could why would me? Me couldn't chase it and push at the same time. (This is boxer logic at work here). This is me supervising while Daddy mows the grass. If me wasn’t there to be sure hims does the job right, there is no telling how he would mow the grass.

Next Daddy and me watered the yard. Me loves it when hims is out there watering the yard. That means me gets to taste the water that is going on the yard. It’s a wet job but me is up to the challenge. Who said a boxer isn’t a water dog???

After we did the outside chores me went to the window and watched the neighbors do thems outside chores. Me has a little stool in front of the window that me stands or sits on to watch what is going on outside. Me use to have the whole sofa but Mommy decided that me was destroying the cushions so hers moved the sofa and put an ottoman there. Mommy thinks me is guarding the house but me is really being just nosey. Sometimes me barks at the outside kitties when thems comes into our yard. Me thinks someone is coming.

Me was really tired after all the activity of the weekend so me went to the den to watch TV with Mommy and Daddy and maybe catch a quick doggy nap. Daddy calls it me "Power Down Time". Him says me has only two speeds, wide open and powered down. It takes lots of energy to keep this household going. Why, without me, Mommy and Daddy wouldn’t get nearly as much done as they do. The yard would be a mess not to mention our big ole doghouse. How they managed before me is a mystery.

.

This is much better than the floor for napping. This is Mommy’s chair but me spends most of the time in it even more than hers does. Even when Mommy is sitting in her chair, me is in it with her. Of course her tries to make me go and lay on the ottoman (not the same one as in the living room) me tried me very best to perch on the arm right next to her but me little boxer butt is too big and winds up on Mommys arm or in her lap. After all, everybody knows that boxers need to be next to there people. Now me is ready for a real nap.

Murphy

No comments: