Saturday, December 10, 2005

Me is NOT a pony

This is Murphy and me is not a happy Boxer Puppy. Me peoples thinks me is a pony!!!! Daddy went and bought a halter for me. Daddy decided that me was out of control when it was time to go for walks and so hims got a halter for me. Its a thing called a "Gentle Leader". Hims must think me is like one of Mommy's horses. Well me does not like it!!! The destructions says its not for all dogs but that most dogs learns to walk with this thing on thems noses in 10 mins. ARF me will not do it!!!!

This is how it works. Mommy puts a strap around me neck up close to me ears and fastens it. THEN hers takes this other strap and puts it around me little short, smushed up, boxer nose. This is supposed to be gentle??? Her put it on me tha first time and me laid down in tha floor and rub me boxer head on tha carpet trying to get it off. Then me pawed at me nose trying to get that ole strap off me nose. It was humilating to be lassoed around tha nose. What self respecting Boxer would stand for this???? This wasn't bad enough. Then Mommy put tha leash on the end of tha strap hanging from me nose. Me jumped up on me hind legs and pawed at me nose some more. Mommy was laughing and said me reminded her of when her horses were little and were learning how to walk with a halter. Well me is not a horse and me don't like having this thing on me nose.

Mommy said tha only way me could go for a walk was with tha halter so out tha door we went. Me pulled like with the regular leash and Mommy would tug on me nose with the "gentle leader" and pull me head back around to me shoulder and me would have to stop pulling. Then hers would let go and me would take off again. Hers would pull me head around and me would have to stop. Now me has to ask, is this gentle??? Having me head pulled around to me shoulder is better than choking against the choke chain but gentle??? After a few minutes I wasn't fighting so hard.

This morning Mommy took me out for a walk with the "gentle leader" thing on me nose and me did walker besider her like a good dog. Then this afternoon Mommy and Daddy took me for a really long walk with this thing on me and thems both said me was such a good dog and it was so pleasant to be able to talk a walk and not get pulled all over tha place. Well what is the point of taking a walk if ya can't go sniffing and pulling your peoples??? And of course me was a good dog when we walked. Me doesn't like having the pressure on me little, smushed up, boxer nose. Ok so may it does work and maybe will get use to walking with it on me nose, but me isn't going to like it.

Murphy the Boxer Puppy (not Murphy the pony.)

No comments: