Saturday, December 31, 2005

A new house for me

This wonderful!!! Mommy and Daddy gave me a late Christmas present or a very, very early birthday present(or maybe it's a New Year's present). Yesterday a new, bigger house (crate) arrived for me, Murphy. Mommy came home and took the old dog house out of the corner of the den and put in the garage and then hers put together me new house and put it where the old one had been. The old house had been a very nice and comfortable house, but me had pretty much outgrown it so now me has a new house me can stretch out in when Mommy and Daddy have to leave for long times.

Here's the bad thing about this whole deal. Mommy got tha really bright idea that maybe it would be a good thing to take the old dog crate and put it in the back of her Explorer and that it would be an even better idea for me to ride in that crate when we went places. GRRRR this is not a good idea at all from a little boxers point of view. Me thought it was a very nice place to put the old crate and it would be nice to visit on occasion. Nope, that's not what hers and daddy had in mind at all. Hers tricked me at first and let me jump in and out of the crate a couple times, telling me what a good boy me is before hers shutted me in there. Them says it isn't safe for a little boxer puppy of my size to be bouncing around freely in the back of the car. And that when we go on trips it would be much safer for everyone if me is safely secured in me old crate. Hey, me thought me was to big for it??? How come me can ride in it when we go places??? This is not fair and me is very sure it is not in the Boxer Union Book. Me will check later to be sure.

Well we went for a ride in that Explorer and thems sure enough put me in tha crate and left me there when thems went into a store to do some shopping. Me guesses thems didn't think that me would like to go into tha store and shop too. Boxers need to buy things sometimes too.

Thems did take me into Petco to get Mommy a new fish and me a new bone but when we came back to the truck thems wanted me to get back in that ole crate. Me had other ideas about this whole thing. When Mommy tried to lift me front feet up, me spreaded me legs really far and twisted away from her. Me thought that would do it and thems would let me in the back seat but me didn't win. Mommy lifted me front feet into the crate and Daddy lifed me back end into the crate and there me was again. Thems says me will get used to the whole thing but me don't know.

Murphy

1 comment:

bay said...

Murphy - I fink dat you should sue! I know a bulldog lawyer (he has two bulldogs), but I bet he'd take your case too!! Dis just isn't right! Maybe your mommie and daddy should try riding around in dat crate fingie while YOU'RE dribing dem all around town!! Sometimes dey just need a taste ob dere own medicine!! I fink dat you need to make a stand here!

I don't hab a crate anymore so I don't habe dese sorts ob problems wike you're habing!

Your pal,

Baywee