Sunday, February 05, 2006

Geeses

Yesterday Mommy had this really brilliant idea that it would be a good training opportunity if hers tooked me to tha park next to our house and work on walking calmly on the leash. When we got to tha park there was all of them geeses all over tha place. Oh boy, oh boy, oh boy, this was exciting!!!!! Thems things makes all kinds of noise and thems poop all over tha place. Mommy wanted me to walk right beside her and pretend me didn't see them noisey geeses or smell their smelly poop on tha ground.

This little boxer puppy is here to tell you that pretending all of that fuss is not going on is hard work. Them geeses was all over tha place. Mommy would walk me right towards them and if me pulled on tha leash at all to go investigate hers gave a quick yank, a buzz and said come and turned in the other direction and walked away. Then, can you believe it, hers would do it all over again and walk back towards them geeses. This silly Mommy of mine could not make up her mind what direction hers wanted to walk in. Me knew what direction me wanted to go and that was to them geeses to chase them. This went on until all of them geeses had flown away. Mommy kept saying "good Murphy" and patting me head every time her said sit and me sitted there beside her. Well of course me did that, what else could me do?? Me was on this leash and couldn't go anywhere. Not even chase tha geese.

Me has to admit (and me really don't want Mommy to see this) walking beside Mommy on the leash and not pulling her along is really kind of nice. That choke collar isn't choking me tha whole time we is walking and Mommy is a lot happier about taking me out. Hers even had Daddy come out later to show him how good me was being on tha leash and have him works with me some. All this working to be a good dog is really hard on a puppy. Me has to think really hard what it is that Mommy and Daddy wants it makes me tired. Me was so tired that when Mommy when to take this picture me didn't even get up to look at the camera up close.


Murphy

2 comments:

Cassie said...

You waz such a gud boi! But, u shur du luk tired in dat pikture!

Lubs,
Cassie

Murphy said...

Being a good boy is hard work and makes a puppy tired. "sigh"

Murphy