Monday, February 06, 2006

Homework for Murphy

Who ever heard of a puppy having homework?? This is what me wants to know. Dave the trainer man said that Mommy, Daddy and me had homework and it was for me to sit and look at Mommy or Daddy when thems asks me to sit. Now this is silly don’t you think? Me knows what thems looks like already. Why would me need to look at them when me is sitting??? There is so many other things to look at that if me is looking at them me might miss other things. But nooooooooo, the homework is to look at them when me is asked to sit. Me can’t just give them a quick glance and then look away. Nope me has to be focused totally on them.

On top of this silliness, there is new words me has to learn and what actions are involved when them words is spoken. Come, Sit, Wait, Look, Up, Down, Off, Free. Now them is a lot of words with a lot of actions involved with them and me is supposed to concentrate on what it is that me needs to do when me hears them. Now me knows that when Mommy and Daddy say “Murphy, come” that me is supposed to come to them right away. Well this is all very nice but what if me is busy doing something much more interesting than coming to them???? Shouldn’t a boxer puppy be allowed to continue doing what it is hims is doing and then come?? Nope the action for the command is “come” is come right this minute and look at me.

Then there is “sit”. Well of course me knows what sit means. It means sit down and wait for a treat. That was the very first thing me learned when Mommy brought me home. Not anymore. Now “sit” means that me has to sit down in front of Mommy or Daddy and look up at them until them tells me “free”. And what does “free” mean? It means me can relax for a moment or two until them decides to give me some other silly voice command like up, or down or off. This is like being in doggie boot camp. This is an outrage and me thinks me needs to get me Boxer Union Representative to help out here. Next thing you know me is going to be this really well behaved puppy!!!!

Murphy who doesn't like to do homework

1 comment:

Cassie said...

Awww, Murpheeee, you poor widdle boxer puppeee! It duz sounds like youz at sum kind ob bute kamp!! Maybee youz mommy and daddee will getz ober dis sillee idea before too long.