Sunday, March 05, 2006

Cleanliness

What is it with Mommys and cleanliness??? My Mommy decided that we had to have a very clean house this weekend. There wasn't any company coming, no dinner parties or just plain visits and yet hers had to have a clean house. The worst part was, me was expected to stay out of her way while hers cleaned. This is hard to do cause me is a shadow when it comes to following Mommy everywhere hers goes. Mommy says her now knows where the expression "dogging her every move" came from.

Anyway, Mommy was cleaning, cleaning, cleaning yesterday. Her even made Daddy help! Me heard "Murphy move" so much yesterday that me thought me litttle boxer name had been changed to Murphy Move. Now this is not a very good name for a dog. Mommy was in such a cleaning frenzy that her even cleaned off the stratically placed nose prints that I had on the living room window, the front storm door and the sliding glass door to the back yard. On that door there was nose prints on both sides. It takes lots of hard work and determination to get them nose prints just exactly right and in the right places on the window and doors. Why, even Daddy has placed his nose prints on the storm door going out to the front yard. Me knows hims had to work hard to get them at just the right height so Mommy wouldn't give me the credit for doing it. Hers even cleaned hims nose prints too. Can you believe that? Now we have to go and start placing them nose prints all over again. This is a lot of hard work!!

We did go for a lovely walk yesterday morning. Mommy decided to take me the very first thing. We walked a really long way and me practice (with Mommy's urging) me latest command, which is "down". What happens is this, we'll be walking along having a really nice time and all of a sudden Mommy will say "Murphy, sit". Me is supposed to sit down and immediately look up at her, even though me knows just what hers looks like. Then Mommy will say "Murphy, down" and me is supposed to lay down on the ground. Me hasn't figgered out exactly the purpose of this down yet, but me can do it and it makes Mommy very happy and proud of me. Anyway, we walked on a very loose leash and Mommy was very pleased with me progress. Her says taking me for a walk was fun now. Daddy even tried to walk me and me stayed right close to him and didn't pull on the leash or nothing. So now we can go on lots of walks cause me is being a good boxer puppy, most of the time.

Gotta run, thems is calling me for kibbles and me can't miss out on that.

Murphy

No comments: