Sunday, April 09, 2006

Me and Mommy went for a nice evening walk just a little while ago and was having a really nice time just strolling along when it happened. Out jumped this little rabbit and me forgotted all me training. If Mommy didn’t have the leash firmly in hand me would have been gone. Me isn’t sure what it is about them little furry rabbits but every time me sees on of them things me suddenly becomes “ta ta BEAGLE BOY” and wants to hunt them little rabbits. Mommy had to zap me a couple times just to get me attention. Me sat down like her asked me to, even laid down but me was still watching where that rabbit runned off too just in case me could make a break for it.

Mommy said all dogs are descendants of wolves from 1000’s of years ago and dogs became tamed by people cause them wanted a faithful companion. Hers says wolves has to hunt for thems dinner and thems hunts rabbits among other things. If this is true (and Mommy never tells me anything wrong) then it must be that when me sees a rabbit me thinks that me is really a wolf and wants to go catch me dinner. It’s instinct her says and me agrees cause me can’t figger out any other reason for wanting to chase them little rabbits. It’s probably a really good thing that Mommy had that leash and me is mostly trained cause me would probably have gotten lost chasing that silly rabbit and then what would me do?


Murphy aka Beagle Boy

1 comment:

Cassie said...

Ohhh, u saw a wabbit???? U r sooooo lucky. I habn't seen any wabbits sinse doze babee wabbits left der nest! I wanta bisit u and chase wabbits wit u!

Lubz,
Cassie