Thursday, June 01, 2006

A very important week

This has been a very important week in the life of this not so little Boxer Puppy. Remember Mommy and Daddy lifted me alone and out of the crate on Sunday for all day and me didn't have any accidents or get into any trouble. Mommy and Daddy decided that maybe it was time to trust their Boxer boy and leave me out all day while thems went off to work. It has been a wonderful week of freedom for me. If Daddy gets tha chance hims comes home to let me outside for a little while and then hims goes back to work. Mommy says me has a very important job to do now that me is a big boy and that job is to guard the house while thems is away. Me takes this responsibility very very seriously too!!!!! When thems leaves the house them says "Murphy, guard the house" and me trots right over to me ottoman in front of the picture window and sits there looking out the window and watching for burglars. When thems comes home, there me is right where thems left me too.

Now don't think me just sits there all day. See being a bonifide guard dog means you has to patrol the house and that's what me does too. Me patrols the den and naps on the love seat, then me patrols the upstairs and if the bedroom door is open me will do in there and patrol and sometimes get up on the bed with Miss Pitty Pat and nap. Then it's back down to the living room to patrol some more from the sofa and another nap. After patrolling there for awhile me sometimes goes down to Daddy's office to patrol from the futon. See all this patrol is hard work and me has to take lots of naps.

Oh yeah me got some new clothes yesterday too. Mommy broughted me home a beautiful new black and orange flame collar that has "Harley Davidson" emblems on it. It's very nice and doesn't fall off me neck and head like me choke collar. Me likes it a lot.


Murphy the bonifide guard dog

No comments: