Saturday, July 01, 2006

Long Weekend

It's the 4th of July weekend and Mommy and Daddy is off for a really long weekend with me. Thems have four days off. Me is so excited to have all this time with them. It's only Saturday and already me has done all kinds of things

Mommy usually takes me with her to tha bank on Saturday morning so me knows me is going to get a dog biscuit and sits with me head out tha window and looks very handsome. As usual Mommy took me to tha bank with her this morning and the ladies in the window for tha drive through thought me was very very handsome. Thems knew me was waiting for me biscuit and was very happy to give me one. Then Mommy tooked me home and went to run some errands and her came home with a surprise for me. Her's brought me a swiming pool. Me isn't really sure what to do with it but Mommy said her was going to take some pictures as soon as her batteries for tha camera recharge. Me thinks me is supposed to get in tha pool but me isn't real sure.

Then the most exciting thing happened. Mommy said to Daddy lets go on a picnic and lets take Murphy with us. And thems did. We went to KFC and Mommy bought some chicken for thems and hers had packed some chicken breasts from last week for me. We headed up the mountain to find a picnic place. Daddy pulled over at the picnic area of Buffalo Bill's Grave Site and we had a really nice dinner but that wasn't the bestest part.

The best part of tha whole day was later when we went to Genesse Park. We was driving up tha mountain and suddenly Mommy said "There's a bear!!!!" Her yelled for Daddy to back up so we could see tha bear. Now according to Mommy if you lived in Chicago (wherever that is) you would say "da Bear" but since we is in Colorado her just said "a bear". Sure enough Daddy backed the car up and there on Mommy's side of tha car, out in tha woods was a big ole black bear. Hims was just ambling peacefully along. Well me was really excited and had me head hanging out tha window and one foot too, just sniffing in the smell of that ole bear. Mommy was worried me might try to jump out of tha window and go after tha bear. Daddy was worried Mommy would get out of tha car to get a closer look at the bear. Me thinks there was a greater chance of Mommy getting out of the car than me. Me isn't stupid.

We watched the bear until hims disappeared and then we drove to the end of tha road and stopped. Me decided it was safe then to stick me head out tha window and growled and woofed a couple times just to let that ole bear know that Murphy the Bear Dog was in tha area and ready to take him on. Me is pretty smart for a boxer and knows that if you is going to threaten something as big as that ole bear you certainly don't do it near where tha bear is. Mommy was really excited about seeing tha bear and so was me. Wow a bear, who would have thought that me, Murphy, would ever get to see a bear.

Me can't wait to see what the rest of tha long weekend has in store for me.

Murphy

1 comment:

bay said...

Happy Forth of July, Murph!! I'm glad that bear didn't get you guys!

Your pals,

Baywee and Frogknot